PIERRE, S.D. – A series of statewide workshops will be offered in coming weeks to raise awareness about exporting opportunities and connect South Dakota companies to resources that will help them begin exporting their products.
“South Dakota is home to many companies with tremendous exporting potential,” said Gov. Dennis Daugaard. “The Export Awareness Workshops are an excellent opportunity for companies interested in doing business abroad to take those essential steps in becoming players on the world stage.”
The free workshops will provide valuable information to companies with limited exporting experience.
The locations, dates, and times of the workshops are as follows:
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 – 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Cherapa Place Conference Room
300 N. Cherapa Place, Sioux Falls
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 – Noon – 1 p.m. Red Steakhouse
1 East Main Street, Vermillion
- Thursday, Oct. 25 – Noon – 1 p.m. Pierre Community Room
800 West Dakota Ave, Pierre
- Tuesday, Oct. 30 – Noon – 1 p.m. Rapid City University Center
4300 Cheyenne Boulevard, Rapid City
- Wednesday, Oct. 31 – Noon – 1 p.m. Heartland Consumer Power District Office
432 SE 12th Street, Madison
- Wednesday, Nov. 7 – Noon – 1 p.m. Alonzo Ward Hotel
104 S. Main Street, Aberdeen
- Thursday, Nov. 8 – Noon – 1 p.m. Lake Area Technical Institute Theatre Room
1201 Arrow Avenue, Watertown
Export Awareness Workshops are sponsored by the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, the South Dakota International Trade Center, U.S. Commercial Service, South Dakota Small Business Development Centers, Great Plains International Trade Association, Small Business Administration, and South Dakota Department of Agriculture.
The free workshops will include a meal. For more information or to register, visit http://export.gov/southdakota/